Join fellow EV owners in helping pave the way for an electric future!
We're on a mission to understand EV charging behaviour and its impact on our grid, with the goal of providing a better driving and charging experience for EV owners like you. Joining AlectraDrive @Home gives you access to a FleetCarma telematics device, unlocking critical information about your EV, and our EV future!
Participation is easy, simply
1. Sign up
It only takes a minute! Upon sign-up, we'll ship your personal telematics device.
Simply plug the device into your EV.
Continue driving and charging your EV as you normally would.
4. Stay Connected
Stay plugged in and track your daily stats with your personal online portal.
To ensure your eligibility in the program, you must meet the following requirements:
1. You must be an Alectra customer.
2. You must charge your vehicle regularly (2+ times a week) using a Level 2 charger within the Alectra service territory.
3. You must drive a fully battery electric vehicle, plug-in hybrid electric vehicles will be wait listed.
4. You own a vehicle that is supported by the FleetCarma C2 Device (see the list in the "Common Questions" section at the bottom of this page)
Plug-in to get rewards
In addition to helping us learn more about EV adoption, you will be eligible to earn $50 for installing and activating your device, and an additional $5 every month after your initial start date for keeping the device plugged in.
You will also receive opportunities towards exclusive incentives and rewards throughout the program.
Learn about your EV by participating
Setup is quick and easy. Your free FleetCarma device plugs right into your EV’s on-board diagnostic (OBD) port or Tesla diagnostic connector to unlock powerful information about your EV usage.
Download your stats
Keep records and share your vehicle’s stats with friends and family.
View your electric miles driven, carbon footprint, and battery state of charge by trip.
Gauge outside temperature during a trip or charge event.
Find out how much energy you’re using on other systems such as heating, radio, and USB charging.
Understand your battery’s degradation of storage and power capacity over time.
Charging by level
See the break down of charging from different charger levels.
Additional Perks for Property Managers
If you are a property manager or owner of a residential multi-unit building that has a common area, you may be eligible for a subsidized Smart Charging Station, plus up to 50% off installation costs. Space is limited, so email AlectraDrive@AlectraUtilities.com to check if you are likely to qualify.
Together we can pave the way for an electric future!
Influence the spread of
more charging stations.
Prepare our grid for
Promote EV adoption,
reducing Greenhouse Gas
Tell a friend
If you have a friend or family member who may benefit from this program,
please invite them to join AlectraDrive @Home.
Participants will install a small device in their vehicle that automatically collects and transmits vehicle information via a cellular connection. Data collected are shared with participants in a personalized portal and will be used by FleetCarma and Alectra to understand EV charging impacts on the grid.
- Audi A3 Electric (2016 – 2018)
- BMW i3 (2014 – 2020)
- Chevrolet Bolt EV (2017 – 2020)
- Chevrolet Spark EV (2013 – 2015)
- Fiat 500e (2013 – 2015)
- Honda Fit EV (2013 – 2014)
- Hyundai Ioniq Electric (2017 -2020)
- Hyundai Kona (2019 – 2020)
- Jaguar I-PACE (2019 – 2020)
- Kia Niro BEV (2019 – 2020)
- Kia Soul EV (2014 – 2020)
- Mitsubishi i-MiEV (2012 – 2016)
- Nissan Leaf (2011 – 2020)
- Smart Electric Drive (2013 – 2019)
- Tesla Model 3 (2018 – 2020)
- Tesla Model S (2013 – 2020)
- Tesla Model X (2016 – 2020)
- Volkswagen e-golf (2015 – 2020)
You are eligible if you own or lease a fully battery electric vehicle (BEV), and you are an Alectra customer that typically charges your vehicle within Alectra’s service territory.
Plug-in hybrid electric vehicles (PHEVs) may be considered in the future, but BEVs are the primary focus of this program.
- You’ll earn $50 in rewards when you install, activate your device(s) and complete the first charge session in the Alectra service territory.
- By keeping the device installed and charging in the Alectra service territory, you will earn an additional $5 for every month after your initial start date. 1 kWh is considered the minimum for a “charge” event.
Yes! Simply indicate the number of vehicles you wish to register for the program in your application.
The C2 was developed by FleetCarma to give electric vehicle drivers access to a wealth of information about their cars like driving efficiency, battery health, and more. It makes EV data access easy, comparable, and shareable.
The C2 gathers data directly from your vehicle’s internal systems, processes it, and makes it available to you via a mobile-friendly dashboard called SmartCharge Rewards.
For a glossary of terms related to EVs, C2 technology, and charging, please refer to https://www.fleetcarma.com/smartcharge/support/.
The device is very easy to install, simply plugging into your vehicle’s on-board diagnostics (OBD II) port or Tesla diagnostics connector. The OBD II port is typically located below the steering wheel and is the same port mechanics plug into for diagnostic checks.
Instructions can be found at https://www.fleetcarma.com/smartcharge/support/, as well as mailed with your C2.
If you still have questions, please contact email@example.com or call 1-800-975-2434. Our hours of operation are Monday to Friday from 8am – 5pm EST.
FleetCarma is a connected car EV platform that allows organizations and individuals to gather useful data insights from electric vehicles while also rewarding EV drivers for participation in utility EV programs using the SmartCharge Rewards portal.
The device should remain plugged in for the duration of the study. However, it is fine if your auto shop temporarily removes the device for diagnostic testing. Just be sure it is plugged back in afterward.
Prospective participants can apply starting in June 2020, with the data collection period lasting until June 2022.
Qualified participants will be able to redeem rewards for cash deposits into a PayPal account on a monthly basis. Setup your PayPal account here.
If you do not want to use PayPal, you will receive an Amazon card for the full amount of rewards earned at the end of the year.
Via the C2 hardware device, FleetCarma will collect information about:
- Charging session duration, energy consumption and location.
- GPS charging location coordinates will be used to determine how much charging is occurring within the Alectra service territory. We only collect GPS information when you are charging, not when you are driving.
- Trip duration, energy consumption and distance traveled.
- Personal information such as name, email, vehicle type and home address.
The AlectraDrive @Home pilot would not be possible without the
collaborative efforts of FleetCarma, Flo, Enbala, RBI, and Plug’n Drive.
This project was made possible through the financial support of Natural Resources Canada and the Independent Electricity System Operator.