FleetCarma® Privacy Statement
FleetCarma, a division of CrossChasm Technologies Inc., is committed to protecting your privacy and the integrity of the data we collect. The purpose of this policy is to explain how FleetCarma collects, protects, and uses vehicle usage data in providing high quality vehicle monitoring and fleet-analytics services to its clients and partners.
This Privacy Statement describes the treatment of information FleetCarma collects on its websites and from its data collection hardware. If you have questions or complaints regarding our privacy statement or practices, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Data We Collect and Use
“Personal Information” is defined as information that can be used to distinguish an individual’s identity. When you purchase products or services from FleetCarma, sign up for a newsletter or contact our support or sales personnel, we may collect a variety of Personal Information. This may include your name, contact information, and payment information. We may use this information for the following purposes:
- Communications: To provide you with the products and services you request, to communicate about your account, to give you important information about our products, or send you information about other products/services you might find useful.
- Customer Support: To provide you with appropriate customer service to support the products and services you have purchased.
- Purchases: To process payment information for products and services you have purchased.
“Other Information” is any other information that does not reveal your specific identity, your organizations identity, or your vehicle’s identity. This may include browser and device information, app and website usage information, information collected through cookies and pixel tags, demographic information and other non-identifying information provided by you, aggregated product usage information, telematics device usage meta-data, collected vehicle data, and server log information. This information is used to enhance and improve our services to our customers, and as such we may use and disclose Other Information for any purpose, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law. If we are required to treat Other Information as Personal information under applicable law, then we may use it as described in the “Personal information” section above, as well as for all the purposes for which we use and disclose Personal information, such as providing technical support to you. In the cases where providing service to you requires combining Other Information with Personal information, the combined information will be treated by us as Personal Information as long as it is combined.
If you download and/or use FleetCarma applications, we and our service providers may track and collect usage data, such as the date and time the application on your device accesses our servers and what information and files have been downloaded to the app based on your device number.
Disclosure of Information
We will not share information that you provide to FleetCarma with third parties unless it is necessary or appropriate to provide services, prevent fraud, or comply with the law. For example, data may be disclosed:
- To affiliated entities of CrossChasm Technologies Inc., including wholly owned subsidiaries,
- To service providers that assist us in operating our services or administering activities on our behalf, such as fulfilling purchases, processing payments, and shipping product. We may share Personal Information with these service providers to enable them to accomplish these tasks.
- To an affiliate, subsidiary, or a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of CrossChasm Technologies’ business, assets, or stock, including, without limitation, in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceeding.
- When we’re legally required to provide data, such as in response to a subpoena in a civil lawsuit.
- As otherwise required by law.
We will not sell Personal Information to any third parties.
Updates to this Privacy Statement
We may change this privacy statement from time to time as we add new products and services, add features, and as technology and laws change. This notice may be provided by email, by posting notice of the changes on our affected websites or by other means prior to the change becoming effective, consistent with applicable laws.
Retention of Personal Information
We will retain your Personal Information for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Privacy Statement unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law. You may request that erroneous or inaccurate Personal Information be updated. You may also request that your Personal Information be deleted. FleetCarma will promptly respond to your request within 30 days. Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes, and there may also be residual information that will remain in our databases and other records, which will not be removed.
If you have questions regarding this policy, please contact FleetCarma by sending a letter to the attention of “FleetCarma Legal Counsel” to:
A Division of CrossChasm Technologies Inc.
2-60 Northland Road
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada