Model specific instructions will be mailed with your FleetCarma C2 device. You can also follow the steps below or watch the installation video if your vehicle make and model type is not listed in the left navigation panel.
For most vehicles the C2 device is installed directly into on-board diagnostics (OBD-II) port.
Step 1: Installing the C2 Device
- Remove the C2 Device from its box. Retain the box for future reference to the C2 ID number and Activation Code.
- Turn on the vehicle.
- Locate the OBD II port in your vehicle. This port is usually located in the area between the steering wheel and the pedals, but can vary by vehicle model.
- Once located, clip the C2 device into the OBD II port. Press firmly to ensure a secure connection.
Step 2: Confirming the C2 is Operational
Ensure that the LED lights are indicating the C2 device is working:
- The orange status LED is flashing and then turns solid.
- The blue network LED either flashes or turns solid.
- If both LEDs are solid, the installation is complete. Please ensure you have activated the device in your SmartCharge account.
- If one or more of the LEDs is still flashing refer to the Troubleshooting section under Frequently Asked Questions.