Hyundai and Kia Models
Your package should have included a GO Device and Cable Tie.
Part I: Installing the GO Device
- Remove the GO Device from its box. Retain the box for future reference to the GO Serial Number.
- Locate the OBD-II port in your vehicle. This port is usually located in the area between the steering wheel and the pedals, but can vary by vehicle model. There may be two OBD-II ports in your Ford: one behind a panel on the driver side, and a second one located in the driver footwell. Please install into the driver footwell OBD-II port as shown in the image below.
- If your port is behind the panel, squeeze the clips on either side of the OBD-II port and push it away from you to release it from the plastic trim. If your port is exposed, simply insert the GO device into the OBD-II port.
- Insert the GO device into the OBD-II port and press firmly to ensure a secure connection. Refer to ‘Part II: Confirming the GO is Operational’ below, to confirm the device is working as expected before proceeding to secure the device.
Part II: Confirming the GO is Operational
After you install the device, please ensure that the LED lights are indicating the GO device is working:
- All three LEDs on the GO device will flash briefly. During the 5-minute setup process, the device may also beep repeatedly as it updates to the latest settings.
- Wait until you see all three LEDs are solid
- Red – Power / Device Configuration
- Green – Cellular Network Connectivity
- Blue – GPS Network Connectivity
- If all three LEDs turn solid, the unit has connected successfully.
Note: If one or more of the LEDs is still flashing, please refer to the following sections under Frequently Asked Questions -> Troubleshooting:
- “What do I do if the Red LED on my GO will not go solid?”
- “What do I do if the Green or Blue LED on my GO will not go solid?”
Part III: Securing the GO device
- The GPS-antenna is located at the “underside” of the GO device. Take care when securing the device into the vehicle, that this side is facing away from any metal surface.
- It is recommended for most vehicle models to secure the GO device to the OBD-II port with a cable tie as shown below. If you are unable to use the cable tie in your particular vehicle model, rest assured that FleetCarma will notify you via email if any issues are detected with the connection of your device.
The installation is now complete.
Note: If you have not done so prior to installing your GO device, please ensure you have activated the device in your SmartCharge account (Refer to “Activating the GO Device” in the FAQ).