How do I install my FleetCarma C2 connected car device?
In your confirmation email there will be a link that will direct you to your program’s website where you will need to create a SmartCharge account. Select ‘Create a new account’ and enter your email and create a password. In your SmartCharge account you will activate your FleetCarma C2 device. This will provide you with access to the rich EV stats being collected from your vehicle.
The FleetCarma C2 is a connected car device. It is installed into the on-board diagnostics (OBD-II) port in your electric vehicle. It gathers data directly from your vehicle’s internal systems, processes it, and makes it available to you via a web portal. With it, electric vehicle drivers gain access to information about their car, like driving efficiency, battery health, miles per gallon equivalent, and more. See the next step to plug and play install the FleetCarma C2 device in your EV.
Model specific instructions will be mailed with your FleetCarma C2 device. You can also follow the steps below:
- Turn on the vehicle.
- Insert the FleetCarma C2 device into the vehicles OBD-II port.
- This port is typically located underneath the driver-side dashboard.
- Verify that the orange status LED is flashing and then turns solid.
- Verify that the blue network LED either flashes or turns solid.
- If both LEDs are solid, the installation is complete. Please ensure you have activated the device in your SmartCharge account.
- If one or more of the LEDs is still flashing refer the Troubleshooting & FAQ section below.
Note: If you are in an area of low cellular coverage, the blue network LED may not go solid. See “What do I do if the orange LED on my C2 will not go solid?” under Frequently Asked Questions -> Troubleshooting.
If you’re having trouble locating the OBD-II port, see “Where is my OBD-II port?” under Frequently Asked Questions -> Troubleshooting.