Hyundai and Kia Models
Step 1: Installing the C2 Device
- Remove the C2 Device from its box. Retain the box for future reference to the C2 ID number and Activation Code.
- Turn on the vehicle.
- Locate the OBD-II port in your vehicle. This port is located in the area between the steering wheel, above the pedals and below the charge door release button. It is behind a panel with a handle on it. Take the panel off to access the port.
- Once the OBD-II port is located, squeeze the clips on either side of the OBD-II port and push it away from you to release it from the plastic trim.
- Now that the OBD-II port has been released, connect the C2 to the port and press firmly to ensure a secure connection.
Please Note: That the circular knob to the left of the steering wheel column above may not appear on all Hyundai and Kia EV Models.
Step 2: Confirming the C2 is Operational
- The orange status LED is flashing and then turns solid.
- The blue network LED either flashes or turns solid.
- If both LEDs are solid, the installation is complete. Please ensure you have activated the device in your SmartCharge account.
- If one or more of the LEDs is still flashing refer to the Troubleshooting section under Frequently Asked Questions.
Click here to download a pdf version of these instructions.