Step 1: Installing the C2 Device
- Remove the C2 Device from its box. Retain the box for future reference to the C2 ID number and Activation Code.
- Turn on the vehicle.
- Locate the OBD-II port in your vehicle. The OBD-II port is located in the driver footwell, above the brake pedal.
- Attach the extension cable to the C2 device. Press firmly to ensure a secure connection.
- Attach the opposite end of the cable to the OBD-II port and press firmly to ensure a secure connection.
- Tuck the C2 device in the space above the black plastic panel, and zip tie the device to a piece of metal nearby. Tug on the cable gently to ensure it is placed securely.
Step 2: Confirming the FleetCarma C2 is operational
- The orange status LED is flashing and then turns solid.
- The blue network LED either flashes or turns solid.
- If both LEDs are solid, the installation is complete. Please ensure you have activated the device in your SmartCharge account.
- If one or more of the LEDs is still flashing refer to the Troubleshooting section under Frequently Asked Questions.
Click here to download a pdf version of these instructions.