Your package should have included a GO Device, SPR – Install Bag, and Harness.
Follow the instructions below to install the GO device. The installation process should take you no more than ten minutes to complete.
Part I: Installing the GO Device
- Remove the GO Device from its box. Retain the box for future reference to the GO Serial Number.
Locate the OBD-II port in your vehicle. The OBD-II port is located in the driver footwell, above the brake pedal.
- Attach the harness to the GO device. Press firmly to ensure a secure connection.
- Attach the opposite end of the harness to the OBD-II port and press firmly to ensure a secure connection.
- Refer to ‘Part II: Confirming the GO is Operational’ below, to confirm the device is working as expected before proceeding to secure the device.
Part II: Confirming the GO is Operational
After you install the device, please ensure that the LED lights are indicating the GO device is working:
- All three LEDs on the GO device will flash briefly. During the 5-minute setup process, the device may also beep repeatedly as it updates to the latest settings.
- Wait until you see all three LEDs are solid
- Red – Power / Device Configuration
- Green – Cellular Network Connectivity
- Blue – GPS Network Connectivity
- If all three LEDs turn solid, the unit has connected successfully.
Note: If one or more of the LEDs is still flashing, please refer to the following sections under Frequently Asked Questions -> Troubleshooting:
- “What do I do if the Red LED on my GO will not go solid?”
- “What do I do if the Green or Blue LED on my GO will not go solid?”
Part III: Securing the GO device
- Open the SPR – Install Bag and slide the GO device into the plastic GO holder. Secure with a cable tie as shown. Attach the adhesive square provided to the back of the plastic GO holder.
- Using the adhesive on the back of the GO holder, attach the GO device to your vehicle just below and to the right of the steering wheel, or in a convenient location.
The GPS-antenna is located at the “underside” of the GO device. Take care when securing the device into the vehicle, that this side is facing away from any metal surface.
- Tidy up any excess slack in the harness by looping the harness a few times and securing with a cable tie. Be sure not to pinch the harness when tightening the cable tie.
- Tuck the looped harness out of the way by securing it to the plastic trim beside the OBD port. Be sure that no excess slack in the harness will impede the driver footwell.
The installation is now complete.
Note: If you have not done so prior to installing your GO device, please ensure you have activated the device in your SmartCharge account (Refer to “Activating the GO Device” in the FAQ).